(last updated 5/4/2016)
5/4/2016 - OKC, OK (by Brian Bates) -- A Oklahoma City woman previously charged with making false allegations against former Oklahoma City police officer Daniel Holtzclaw has pleaded guilty and been sentenced.
As previously reported by HoltzclawTrial.com, 25-year-old Shaneice Jana Barksdale of Oklahoma City falsely claimed to have been sexually assaulted by Holtzclaw on March 12, 2014.
Barskdale made her false allegations in Aug. of 2014 when she met with Oklahoma City Police Sex Crimes Detective Rocky Gregory.
In Sept., Barksdale admitted to lying after she was confronted by police with evidence that Holtzclaw could not have committed the crimes against her as she described.
In her original complaint, Barksdale insisted that Holtzclaw had pulled her over near NE 50th and Lincoln Blvd. and, after directing her to a secondary location (a nearby park), sexually assaulted her.
Barksdale later admitted that she had seen news reports regarding Holtzclaw's arrest and just wanted to "help the case" against him and show support for the original alleged victim(s).
On March 30, 2016 Barksdale pleaded guilty and was sentenced to one year suspended (probation), $100 fine, and $100 VCA.
Court records show that Barksdale was previously given a four-year deferred sentence in 2009 after pleading guilty to embezzlement in Oklahoma County. That case has since been expunged from the public record.
Even though the Oklahoma County District Attorney's office admits that at least 7 individuals (including one male) made false allegations against Holtzclaw, they choose to only criminally charge Barksdale.
Court records from a recent monetary judgement against Barksdale indicate that as of Mar. 18, 2016 Barksdale was employed at Xerox off I-40 in Yukon.
Barksdale pleaded guilty over a month ago, yet, not a single media outlet bothered to report on this.
Once again, the only source for accurate information regarding the Daniel Holtzclaw allegations, investigation and appeal is HoltzclawTrial.com.
- 3/4/2015 – KWTV Ch9 – Woman makes false claims against Holtzclaw, says she wanted to help. (link)
- 3/5/2015 – KFOR Ch4 – Woman falsely accuses former officer Holtzclaw of sexual assault. (link)
- 3/5/2015 – KOCO Ch5 – Police: Woman falsified report against Holtzclaw to ‘help’ the case. (link)
- 3/6/2015 – Oklahoman – Woman charged with falsely reporting assault by officer. (link)
- 2/9/2016 – KFOR Ch4 – ‘You made up everything, to try and help her out?’ Woman charged for falsely accusing Daniel Holtzclaw. (link)